SAR Membership Objectives
Our Society must remain a strong and sturdy instrument for a Conservative Constitutional Government. Our forefathers fought for and won this freedom and we strive to protect and preserve this precious gift. Membership in the National and State Societies and local Chapters of the Sons of the American Revolution is an opportunity to aid in this duty. We need you, your sons, fathers, relatives and friends to help maintain a strong and powerful force to foster true patriotism and maintain and extend the institution of American freedom.
The objectives of this Society are declared to be patriotic, historical, educational, and shall include those intended or designed to:
- perpetuate the memory of those patriots who, by their services or sacrifices during the war of the American Revolution, achieved the independence of the American people;
- unite and promote fellowship among their descendants to inspire them and the community at large with a more profound reverence for the principles of the government founded by our forefather;
- encourage historical research in relation to the American Revolution;
- acquire and preserve the records of the individuals of the patriots of the war and the Revolutionary period;
- maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom; and,
- carry out the purposes expressed in the preamble of the Constitution of our country and the injunctions of General George Washington in his farewell address to the American people.